It is late Monday afternoon and in no particular subject order, here are a select few pre-budget thoughts, just ahead of the Treasurers speech.
- Wayne Swan has been critical of the previous government for its spending when in surplus yet even greater spending when in deficit is ok.
- Am thinking of how the current deficit might have been if the previous Government left for Kevin Rudd what it inherited from labor post Keating.
- We long for reform not hero like one-up symbolism that so characterized Rudd’s first year.
- Cannot help but think that the Governments inept economic management will in fact delay the upturn when recovery would otherwise present.
- If the unemployment forecasts touted by the Government prove true, we must logically question the decision to abolish policies that helped lower to record levels.